Dirty Pleasures

Do you have any dirty pleasures? Those are things that you would never in a million years admit to anyone that you enjoy or enjoy doing. Maybe because they are “secret”, they tend to be more satisfying. Here are some of mine.

Movies: This is a toss up category. Consider the Porky’s series. If you aren’t familiar with these pieces of intellectual wasteland, rent one and find out for yourself. Yes, they are raunchy. But the proposed lineup to find out who has been sneaking a peek in the girl’s locker room will put any prude on the floor with laughter. Tied with the Porky’s series is The Fast and The Furious series. Filled with urban lingo and “in the ‘hood” justice, the souped up cars and associated choreography are really something to watch, and I can tap to the rap and say “bro” with the best of them.

Television: I had to think about this category for awhile, but Bridezillas tops my television dirty pleasure list. This show on the WE Channel deals with over the top brides planning for their weddings. God pity the poor men who marry these babes. But the music in the background is original and hysterical when paired with these screaming bimbos who usually are spending in excess of a hundred grand for the big day.

Music: Many people will secretly admit they like Country music, but that doesn’t seem “dirty” enough. I like Country music, and not ashamed to admit it. What I will never admit is how on Sunday mornings, on my way to church, I will put on the radio Polka Varieties, preferably Italian polkas, and tap my toes all the way to church. “I don’t want her. You can have her. She’s too fat for me…..”

Sports: Ballroom Dancing. Enough said….except for the Dog Shows. Take your pick.

Vacations: I love Niagara Falls, the Canadian side. Touristy, kitschy and overdone, find a better place to forget everything. While my friends are off to Cancun, Italy, France, Vegas, I am six hours away from miniature golf and the wax museum on Clifton Hill.

Food: Dinner starting with Caesar Salad, followed by Lobster Bisque, and a New York Strip Steak medium rare, accompanied by au gratin potatoes and fried onion rings, with Crème Brule for dessert, washed down with several Beefeater Martinis. Excuse me while I go have my heart attack and see if I have any money left in my wallet. Oh yes, don’t forget Christmas cookies.

So there is a short list of my dirty pleasures. Think about yours, and maybe share some with somebody. I have to go now, Polka Varieties is coming on the radio and I can listen while going to the movies to see The Fast and The Furious 3: Tokyo Drift.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strouss-Hirshberg; Things That Aren't There Anymore

Hope vs. Aspiration

New and Improved: Big Bosomed Women Who Party