Ladies

My son complained that he was having difficulty finding somebody nice to date. I told him to keep looking. I scared myself when I added “water seeks its own level”. I had turned into my father. But looking at the type of girl one sees on television today, I can see his point. Floosies abound. Also quoting my father giving advice to my myriad of female cousins, “If you dress like a whore, you’ll be treated like whore” has now been given new meaning. Which leads me to today’s topic, are there any “ladies” left in the world today, and if so, where are they?

For many females today, their appearance, as well as their behavior, is abominable. Don’t they look in the mirror before they leave the house? I am tired at looking at butt cracks with tattoos, bare mid-drifts barely covering Tallahassee, bouncing bosoms in a grungy top over which flows stringy, dirty hair, bad makeup, and a worse attitude. I just have one thing to say, COVER UP. In this age where a guy is accused of sexual harassment if he looks at one of these bimbos sideways, the rule is very simple, if you ain’t selling, don’t advertise. And to be honest, very few of these babes have the figure to pull that look off, and really should cover up!!! There is simply one bulge too many.

And I am not just talking about teeny bopper jail bait. The over 25 set has succeeded in setting its own low standards. Ever see one of these babes in a car? Case in point happened to me this afternoon. All I wanted to do was go to Walgreen’s to buy a couple of bars of Ivory soap. God was sending the second flood, and there was water everywhere in a filled parking lot. I pulled into one of the few available parking spaces, but decided to park somewhere else as the water looked to be ankle deep by my car door.

I backed out of the spot and was angling my car to drive forward, when some 30 something, big haired, cell phone talking, cigarette smoking, bleached blonde bimbo in a black BMW SUV decided she wanted my spot and tried to pull into it before I was totally out of it. I turned around at looked at her and asked to pull back to give me a chance to get totally out of the spot. She, in turn, gave me the finger, grabbed her bosom with her free hand and rubbed it, made smoochie faces at me while telling me to, well, go off and do something. I was IN-censed.

Unfortunately, acting like a lady has ceased to be something to strive for. I suspect that my generation is the last generation where true ladies existed. I am blessed, along with most of my friends, with a wonderful wife who know that being feminine is no vice nor a sign of weakness. None of us want wimps for spouses, but appropriate dress, appropriate language, and appropriate behavior actually enhances the female ability to participate on an equal basis in our society. True ladies like Condi Rice, Madeline Albright, Laura Bush, Diane Feinstein, cross the political spectrum with femininity while exuding confidence, competence, and power. Margaret Thatcher, Eleanor Roosevelt, Princess Di, and even the lovely Camilla, show that femininity is a plus, not a vice.

So I suggest that in addition to The Feminine Mystique on the suggested reading list, schools add courses in etiquette and proper behavior for ladies, and how to treat a lady for the guys. I am not sure the guys have seen a true lady recently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strouss-Hirshberg; Things That Aren't There Anymore

Hope vs. Aspiration

New and Improved: Big Bosomed Women Who Party