Music By Which to Lose an Election

When the train is coming down the track, there is no way to stop it. Get out of the way. And that’s exactly what happened last Tuesday night. To all of my Republican friends, all I can say is I’m sorry. After we retreat into our pensive selves to figure things out, I will guarantee you the sun will come out tomorrow.

So now it’s time for the post mortem. I am reviewing the situation, to analyze what happened. As I sit at the bar, there’s a tear in my beer watching out the window at sundown. How could I figure I was winning when I was losing again!!!

But all things must pass. Obama did a little sidestep right back into the White House. He had more money, and he knew how to use it.  Those guys from Chicago, Illinois, are tough.

There’s always next year, and maybe this time I’ll win.

God Bless America.    (There's a Tear in my Beer...really?)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Shortly after Carl Rove was telling us that Romney would win by a landslide and a mere fifteen minutes after the polls had closed in the west Obama was declared the winner. So much for your and Fox News's grasp of reality. You and your Fox Friends speak as part of the miniscule 1% and that has skewed your ability to grasp reality when it comes to contemporary life and politics. For example, you dismiss Jon Stewart as merely a comedian while claiming Rush Limbaugh as a serious journalist. Watching Fox News blame everyone and everything except the republican candidate and the party's policies for the defeat was embarrassing. I do credit you for taking a higher road about the defeat than Fox News but I imagine the 'sky is falling' rants will start again soon enough.

Popular posts from this blog

Strouss-Hirshberg; Things That Aren't There Anymore

Hope vs. Aspiration

New and Improved: Big Bosomed Women Who Party